Contribution to universe [Was: Ubuntu mono packages]

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Wed Sep 22 06:33:47 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 12:09 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> I think it's important to expand universe as much as possible during
> this time. Please don't wait for Hoary to open up, let's get anything
> good into universe now, because we will be deluged with requests for it
> post-release if we don't, and people will end up running half-warty
> half-hoary systems, which will be a mess.

Alright, given that it's unsupported, I can concentrate my queasiness on
other things. ;-)

One other very important requirement is that these packages not require
new versions of software in main (or, 'supported'). I'll document that
on the wiki page.

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/           Ubuntu!