Isn't gFTP deprecated?

Tue Sep 21 16:58:39 CDT 2004

Just a quick question. I noticed that gFTP appears in the default
desktop installation and I'm wondering if this isn't deprecated by the
Nautilus FTP stuff. It doesn't seem appropriate to me to use protocol-
specific applications for file managment in the 21. century. :)
gFTP also doesn't follow the HIG very well, exposes file paths to the
user and hidden files are not hidden by default. Hopefully I'm not
offending anyone, but I personally don't think that gFTP matches the
level of polish and usability of the other desktop parts.
My suggestion would be to not install it by default, but maybe I'm
missing something. Please excuse me if this was discussed before
already, I couldn't find anything in the archives.

--
Daniel Borgmann            <spark at mayl.de>