Wajig (was Re: Ubuntu mono packages)

Jorge Bernal "Koke" koke at sindominio.net
Fri Sep 17 03:23:56 CDT 2004

Do you know wajig?

It would be:

wajig setup
(add the corresponding lines)
wajig update
wajig install muine ...

The advantage is...
Wajig is designed to run as a normal user, using sudo as required. It can also
be run as root without any extra setup (i.e., without the need for sudo).
If you've tried to remember all the different commands to get different
information about different aspects of Debian package management and then
used other commands to install and remove packages then you'll know that it
can become a little too much.

Swaping between dselect, deity, deity-gtk, aptitutde, apt-get, dpkg,
gnome-apt, apt-cache, and so on is interesting but cumbersome. Plus
personally I find dselect, deity, and aptitude confusing and even though I've
spent hours understanding each of them, I don't think the time was
particularly well spent.

http://www.togaware.com/linux/survivor/History_Motivations.shtml
http://www.togaware.com/linux/survivor/Wajig_Overview.shtml

Cheers,
 Koke

--
Jorge Bernal "Koke"
Personal: 	koke at sindominio.net
Work:		koke at hispafuentes.com
Jabber:		koke at zgzjabber.ath.cx

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes." - Edsger Dijkstra