Getting SBCL to work: possible to volunteer?

Keith Irwin keith at keithirwin.com
Tue Oct 26 20:26:15 CDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 18:27 -0600, LaMont Jones wrote:
> > cd doc && sh make-doc.sh
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/build/buildd/sbcl-0.8.21+truly.0.8.12/doc'
> > warning: failed to load external entity "docbook_chunk.xsl"
> > compilation error: file html_chunk.xsl line 5 element import
> > xsl:import : unable to load docbook_chunk.xsl
> > make[1]: *** [html-stamp] Error 5
>
> Patches welcome.

Okay, I've attached the patch.  This should work for the 0.8.12 version
in warty.

The problem seems to be that the Makefile needs to determine the os to
use, but hadn't accounted for the presence of "Ubuntu" in
the /etc/issues file.  So, the patch adds that check and then assigns
the OS to debian, since that works.

Using diff is extremely foreign to me, so if I didn't get the right
options, feel free to point me to the right doc for this sort of stuff.

Oh, and this should be applied _after_ the sbcl diff already in the
universe repo, though I doubt it makes any difference.

Thanks!

Keith