Laptop-enhancing patches

Paul Drain pd at cipherfunk.org
Tue Oct 26 19:20:08 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 10:11 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hey dudes,
>
> Paul has a bunch of patches that have improved battery life on his
> laptop, and generally sound sensible anyway -> thoughts? I think he was
> using RH or Fedora previously, right Paul?

Still am, i'm just in the unique position of having to support RHEL 3.x
and Ubuntu boxes in the same workplace now :)

...but yes, those patches fix at least three laptop corner cases i've
seen, as well as horrific 4G+ memory management issues noticed on
several higher-end Intel boxes -- hence, the blog reference.

Regards,

Paul