[doc] Who sabatarged http://wiki.ubuntulinux.org/

Sivan Green sivang.ulists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 01:58:36 CDT 2004

Morning Ben!

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:32:12 +0100, Ben Edwards (lists)
<lists at videonetwork.org> wrote:
> OK, so maybe the subject is a bit strong but from my humble opinion the
> new, totally redesigned, home page for the wiki is a massive leap
> backwards.
I agree with you, although it has some advantages for people more
accustomed to hypertext markup style of authoring, as myself.

> I am sure the person who did it was well intentions but it is only
> polite to at least discuss such major changes with the community,
>
> To things I have noticed is that the Mailing list link douse NOT point
> to the mailing list but the unofficial Ubuntu forum for the mailing
> list!

Boy I agree with you, and this is exactly the things I was discussion
yesterday with other community members. I feel that everything on the
docteam just happens randomely on IRC mostly without prior discussion
on the mailing list (here's another nice point - did you realize we
*already* have a doc mailing list") like it's common to do on
communities like GNOME, Debian, KDE and alike.

> I could go on but just go and have a look.  What do people think.  I
> don't want to do Major changes to the front page and cause a war so can
> we please discuss this?
We practically crying for some mailing lists discussions. :)