[doc]wikiteam

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Oct 23 11:18:13 CDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 04:29:45PM +0200, Petri Pennanen wrote:

> > With a minimum of bookkeeping (I could help with it) we can keep track
> > of who volunteered to do what and who's working on what, which is the
> > minimum that is required not to stomp on each other's feet and for good
> > work not to go unnoticed.
> Would not a wiki page be the simplest solution? Everyone can describe
> what they are doing, when they started doing it and point to the work in
> progress.

I agree, and we should have such a wiki page anyway.  I was offering
more like in order to put some human brain around the machine, for all
these hidden extras that make life worth living, like:

 - sometimes someone may forget to update the Wiki or may prefer to send
   a mail, or may not know about the Wiki page [...]
 - the wiki page may grow and need restructuring
 - things get groovy and I can take care of making a weekly newsletter
 - someone has an idea and doesn't know where to put it
 - someone has a wonderful idea and would like someone who's keeping the
   big picture to reality-check it
 - someone would like to contact whoever is taking care of something,
   and doesn't know who they are or would prefer someone else to ask
   instead
 - ping people who stop working or disappear
 - ringing a bell when we attain Total World Documentation and organize
   the big party :)

In a word, facilitation, so that other people don't need to care about
many small things, have a chance of doing whatever they like best in the
way they prefer, and everything keeps working smoothly.

> PS. I do appreciate your work DS.

/me hugs Petri :)

Ciao,

Enrico