java-gnome package request

Nuno Ferreira nuno.ferreira at
Fri Oct 22 15:12:49 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 12:03 -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 11:04:34AM -0700, Fred Blaise wrote:
> > (second try..)
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > Would it be possible to put the java-gnome package (or the various others,
> > libgtk-java, libgconf-java, libgnome-java, libglade-java) in universe?
> > libqt is in there... (ahem ;))

> It's already there.  It simply can't build because there is no java
> available.

Looking at the build logs available at, it appears it
should build with the free tools.
However, I have a related question I already asked once in this list and
got no answer. Is there any plan to make java packages like tomcat
If there anything I can do to help with it I'm willing to help.

The problem with tomcat (and a lot of other java packages) is that,
although the package itself is free, it is not buildable with the free
JDK, so it build-depens on the Sun JDK. The packages are available on
debian, so a similar workaround to whatever is done on Debian to build
the packages should be possible to do on Ubuntu.

Nuno Ferreira