[doc] DocTags and CategoryDocumentation

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 07:02:25 CDT 2004

Nor sure if previous email got through but I am now subscribed to the devl list.

I noticed CategoryDocumentation has been put up.  I had a look at the
lage and saw

'''All documentation pages:'''
[[FullSearch()]]

'''All howto pages:'''
[[PageList(Howto.*)]]

So I guess FullSearch searches for the name of the current page (i.e.
CategoryDocumentation ) and PageList looks for pages starting in the
specified string.

How would we have a list of everything in CategoryDocumentation  on
another page, e,g, how would I include a lost of CategoryDocumentation
in DocumentationArea.

Anyway - a while ago I put up a proposal for document tags at
http://wiki.ubuntulinux.org/TagsDefined.  It seems to me that if they
were Categories then things like CategoryNewbie  could be uses.

So I guess my proposal is for me to rework TagsDefined page to use
Categories instead of Tage.

Agreeing on the basic categories would be good so these can be implemented.

BTW what I dont get is why we have a CategoryDocument - ate not all
the pages documentation?

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England