USB Storage & Mounting issue

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:00:20 CDT 2004

Ok, upgraded to your g-v-m and re-booted with my drive left on.
Didn't work.  Same thing as before happened -- loged in through GDM,
desktop came up, applets loaded, and no drive icons.  I waited about 2
minutes to confirm (the entire desktop loading process takes ~30
seconds for comparison).

Here's the relevent specs on my machine if it helps.  I'll also post
any logs you want, just ask.

Athlon T-bird 800Mhz (200Mhz FSB, 256k cache)
Sis 740 based motherboard (3 OHCI controllers, 1 EHCI controller)
USB2 external hard drive enclosure (Cypress Semiconductor CY Series
chipset - I can crack the thing open to find out specifically,
couldn't find out digging through /sys, /proc, or the HAL GUI)

The external hard drive is the only device connected to any of the USB
ports, no mouse, flash reader, or anything else.  Oh yeah, it's
connected to the EHCI controller.  Perhaps I'll try it in one of the
USB1.1 ports.

--tim