Warty final todo list

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Thu Oct 14 04:14:48 CDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 05:56:18PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 08:15:25PM -0400, Dmitriy Kropivnitskiy wrote:
> > Umph... I just apt-get dist-upgraded and got the new ubuntu-artwork. Are
> > you guys sure, that it is alright to make a release with naked girls on
> > the default desktop background? It is not like I really mind, far from
> > it, but still... :)
>
> Please take this to the ubuntu-users list, where a discussion is already in
> progress.  Let's stick to technical discussions on this list.

Well, as a technical suggestion, how about a debconf question in
ubuntu-artwork to select the default (whether it's actually at a high
enough priority to be *seen* is a different matter - "debconf question"
!= "question asked during the installation"), and a one-liner in
base-config to propagate the value of that question from d-i? That way,
somebody who didn't want to ever see the current default artwork could
boot with something like 'ubuntu-artwork/plain=true'.

It's a workaround, but ...

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]