Accepted ubuntu-meta 0.3 (source)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Sat Oct 9 13:59:47 CDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 11:43:08AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 11:36:41AM +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
>
> > > ubuntu-meta (0.3) warty; urgency=low
> > > .
> > >   * Refreshed from seed lists and package archive
> > >   * Removed vim from desktop-i386
> > >   * Removed vim from desktop-amd64
> > >   * Removed vim from desktop-powerpc
> >
> > What are we shipping for a text editor these days?
>
> vim is in Base rather than Desktop. I assume it being in
> ubuntu-desktop's dependencies was just a mistake.

ubuntu-desktop follows the seed lists, and in the process of my testing, I
noticed that vim was duplicated in BaseSeed and DesktopSeed, which caused it
to be a dependency of ubuntu-desktop.  So, I removed it from DesktopSeed and
regenerated ubuntu-meta, which made a nice little test of the update
infrastructure. :-)

--
 - mdz