Prelinking apps

Dmitriy Kropivnitskiy nigde at mitechki.net
Tue Oct 5 13:26:06 CDT 2004

It doesn't take that much time on modern hardware (under 3 minutes on my
Athlon XP 3000 on a fresh install of ubuntu).

Gentoo prelinking guide suggests using -f flag as well as the flags you
mentioned, they claim, that in some cases prelink may fail mid-way if
you do not force it to re-prelink everything and there are prelinked
libraries on the system.

>From my observations after prelinking my system became somewhat more
responsive, but barely noticeably so. Personal results may vary.

I was wondering if there is a good way of prelinking firefox. Since most
of the shared libs she uses are in her own directory, prelink is unable
to find them. Anyone has any suggestions?