to little space on install-cd

See7a sameh.nabil at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:34:01 CDT 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:52:54 +0300, Alexander Poslavsky
<alexander.poslavsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using one disk to install is a really good idea. Downloading 3/4 disk
> just to install and then anyway web-update is silly afaik. But one
> disk is not much. Would using squashfs an idea. It is by gentoo-ivecd......

Using a single CD distro is really a great thing IMHO. I believe the
rest of the space in the CD will get filled up by periodic updates and
some other additions. But it should be filled carefully; once crossing
the border to use 2 CDs this will mean a large shift in the Ubuntu
track from being the small distro that contain everything you need to
just another one of these distros out there, again IMHO.

Sameh