Pegasos PowerPC

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski emil.oppeln.bronikowski at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 23:57:06 CDT 2004

 Im watching Ubuntu from some time now, and I have to say, that all
developers are doing excellent work on this project. Im waiting for my
laptop (it's broken;-) and I'll install Ubuntu ASAP.

 But I'd like to back to the subject. 3 years ago, Genesi (
http://genesi.lu ) introducetd new computer. It was Pegasos, based on
PowerPC ( http://pegasosppc.com ) and since then I've helped Genesi
team with everything from coding to fairs (
http://rude.cyb3r.org/meeting/ & http://amiga.com.pl/Fei/ ).

 Pegasos itself is based on Marvell chipset, eq. with G3/G4 CPU, build
on MicroATX board with USB, Firewire, Gigaethernet, 10/100 Ethernet,
IRDA, ATA100 & PS/2. It runs Linux already, as well as MorphOS,
Genesi's OS witch is non-POSIX, powerfull & fast pice of software with
his roots in AmigaOS (it's API/ABI comaptible).

 Because of Genesi's cooporation with Freescale, they have introduce
Pegasos Open Desktop Workstation ( http://pegasosppc.com/odw.php ).

 As you can see, there's a lots of Linux in Pegasos world. Is there
any chance that Pegasos-specific port of Ubuntu could be started?
There's a PPC port already for Mac, so I understand you're not locking
yourselfs in x86 world. :-)

--
 Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski
 http://opi.pegasos.pl