Why aren't the multimedia buttons working?

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Mon Nov 29 20:34:24 CST 2004

<quote who="Matt Zimmerman">

> > Computer > Desktop Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts.
> >
> > This question would be more appropriate on ubuntu-users, btw.
>
> Shouldn't we assign a sane set of defaults, corresponding to the standard
> desktop application suite?

Where X has special keyboard codes (XF86AudioPlay, for instance), we could,
but there's no guarantee they'll work anywhere, or be entirely safe. Some
special keys just don't have keyboard codes, either.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

     "On Tuesday I saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with Zack and two
             ladies whom I presume are gracious." - Seth Schoen