Eclipse as preferred IDE

Kristof Vansant de_lupus at pandora.be
Mon Nov 29 14:39:15 CST 2004

This looks sweet.
Since sableVM and classpath are open source it shouldn't be a problem to
include them in ubuntu!

I wonder if there are packages for it or a guide :)

Grzegorz Prokopski — 28 Nov 2004

Eclipse 3 on SableVM Java Virtual Machine!!!

The joined efforts of SableVM JVM hackers and GNU Classpath hackers
finally allowed Eclipse 3 to run on SableVM!. According to what Etienne
told me, he was running Eclipse 3 on his Debian PowerPC for a few hours,
including editing, compiling and running simple java programs. And all
that using SableVM as the only Java Virtual Machine on his laptop. I
wish I had some more time now to try it on myself. WoW!

More on that later this week, as soon as my exams come to a (hopefully
happy) end.

http://sablevm.org/screenshot.html

http://www.advogato.org/person/gadek/diary.html?start=12