Suggestion: make control-alt-delete bring up system monitor by default

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Sun Nov 28 17:31:48 CST 2004

<quote who="Martin Alderson">

> 1) It's good for Windows converts who will be used to this behaviour.
> 2) It's good for all users because it's a very easy shortcut to get to
> it. When your mouse has borked up and you are desperately trying to
> kill an offending process, the last thing you want is to have to tab
> round all the panels to get to it.
>
> Any chance this could be done?

Yeah, either system monitor, or the logout dialogue. I believe other distros
have a patch to allow for this, which would save us a bit of time. I suspect
the patch would be found in packages of control-center. If you can find one,
I think we'd be happy to integrate it.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

       o/~ In spite of all those keystrokes, you're addicted to vim.
                              *ka-ching!* o/~