Publicity, press releases, FireFox on CNN.

Karl Hegbloom hegbloom at pdx.edu
Wed Nov 24 20:08:34 CST 2004

I keep seeing clips on CNN Headline News about "the browser wars",
telling how over 5 million people have downloaded and are using the
FireFox web browser now.

I think that when you guys get your release ready to roll, you should
certainly write up a nice press release and try to get it on CNN, The
New York Times, Wired, PC World, etc. etc.  Get the word out and add
another download server!

Ubuntu is very impressive.  I have a t-shirt that I bought several years
ago while I was helping with the 'boot-floppies' installer for the
Potato release (and learning C in the process).  It says "Debian: What
your mother would use if it was 20 times easier."  Well, now it is 20
times easier.  You have done excellent work.

I have a few ideas for yous; improvements to the base configuration and
install set that I think you will like.  I will put in with those in the
near future, after I read more of the Ubuntu web site and list archives
to get caught up.

--
    Karl Hegbloom
(o_  mailto:hegbloom at pdx.edu