apt-get upgrade failing due to PATH problems in Cronjob

Enn Pee enn_p at yahoo.com.sg
Fri Nov 19 08:21:12 CST 2004

Hi,

I had put the cron entry in root using "sudo crontab
-e" command and not in user crontab. That is when I am
getting this error. No cron jobs have been defined in
the default user id.

By the way, will the upgrade command "apt-get upgrade"
overwrites any existing apache or samba configuration
files or spares those important config files ?

And is it recommended to reboot the machine whenever
kernel related patches are applied ?

Ennpee