[Fwd: Fedora Core 2 Update: openoffice.org-1.1.2-10.fc2]

Martin Kretzschmar m_kretzschmar at gmx.net
Sun Nov 14 08:11:14 CST 2004

Am Donnerstag, den 11.11.2004, 22:06 +0000 schrieb Chris Halls:
> On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 08:54 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 21:49 +0000, Chris Halls wrote:
> > > Yes, the packages are in experimental now.  We're a bit wary of
> > > targeting Sarge in case the changes turn out to take a while to
> > > stabilise, and who knows Sarge might actually be ready sooner :)
> >
> > Would you recommend that we sync these into Ubuntu for testing?
>
> Yes, that would be very helpful - we aren't getting much feedback from
> experimental :)   We would have already uploaded to unstable had the
> Sarge release not been immanent.

I just want to add that the native widgets backports will be, umm,
interesting to port to/wrap for amd64. I just installed hoary on my
first amd64 box (yay!) and I see that not even the simple
(out-of-process) gtk+ color-syncing code in 1.1.2 works. The native
widget backports stuff works only if you can link to gtk+, otherwise it
falls back to the cross platform vcl widgets.

Regards,
	Martin