What about universe periodic updates?

Ricardo Perez ricardoperez at andaluciajunta.es
Sat Nov 13 07:44:25 CST 2004

I think the perfect solution is to have two different repositories:

    * universe: a snapshot of the non-supported packages, frozen after the warty release.
    * universe-update: updates of the universe packages, bringed to life after the warty release. It could be done simply by mean of periodic snapshots of the Debian Sid packages (I think universe is created in that way, isn't it?).

With that way, any Warty user can to choose between "universe" packages (non supported, frozen), and "universe-update" packages (non supported, but updated frequently from Sid).

What do you think about that?