Security design flaw with "default" x-windows login behaviour

Lloyd D Budd foolswisdom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 11:57:42 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:35:15 -0500, Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anything that's related to a login is security related, even if it's
> not serious (& this certainly isn't). It'll just leave an amateurish
> after-taste if it happens to someone who's not familiar with the
> "quirks" of OSS (i.e. the fact that GNU/Linux are essentially in a
> state of perpetual change).
>
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:01:51 -0800, Lloyd D Budd <foolswisdom at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It does seem to be non-intuitive (unintentioned? -> bug) behavior ,
> > but I wonder if I am not understanding something because I do not see
> > the connection to "security" as mentioned in the subject ?

As it is easier to follow a conversation between many people that can
vier onto many topics .
Please consider bottom posting

Right , "Anything that's related to a login is security related" .  I
do not see how pointing out that login is security related furthers
the discussion .  Using the term , particularly in subject lines ;-)
does make some people jumpy .

--
Peace be in you ,
Lloyd D Budd