Security design flaw with "default" x-windows login behaviour

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Fri Nov 19 23:05:39 CST 2004

<quote who="jdong">

> Thanks for understanding. Though Ubuntu can easily patch this, it would
> cause Ubuntu's GDM to act differently than another distro's GDM.  That
> kind of inconsistency is certainly not what a network admin wants to deal
> with!!

There are lots of differences between all the distributions, one small fix
to GDM won't make a significant difference. Generally we recommend that bugs
affecting Ubuntu be filed in the Ubuntu bugtracker, and we can take them
upstream when we fix them or when upstream involvement is necessary.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "Do you know what [television news ownership] means to me? It gives me
                the political muscle I need." - Kerry Packer