apt-get upgrade failing due to PATH problems in Cronjob

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Fri Nov 19 05:32:12 CST 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 07:12:23PM +0800, Enn Pee wrote:
> the update is happening succesfully but upgrade is
> failing telling about path problems. Attached is the
> log info. Where do I set path to work correctly from
> cron ? If I run the same job in command line, it works
> fine

Put that line in root's crontab, not your own (i.e. run 'sudo crontab'),
and the default path should be OK.

This brings up a related issue for ubuntu-devel, though: shouldn't we
change cron's default user path to include the sbin directories, the
same way we did for login, ssh, and so on?

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]