present users with something just because Windows uses it... often that is Good! Even if not always...

Joe Crawford joetainment at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 12:15:41 CST 2004

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 01:28:42PM +0000, Joao Inacio wrote:
> > Any help that can be guiven to such users (without causing other
> > problems/bloatware) is, imho, needed.
>
> Sure, but just changing the Nautilus default to 'Open Windows in Browser
> mode by default' is not going to cut it.

No, but an icon to browse the filesystem is. At least for now.

> Users should be educated about spatial browsing and how to use it, not
> presented with something just because Windows uses it.
>
> Michael

That is exactly opposite of how we should be thinking. If users are
already comfortable working in a certain way, and that method has no
serious errors, making it easy for them to work that way is important.
We have to be flexible, otherwise we're just offending and putting off
new users.

Most people in the linux community don't even agree that spatial
nautilus is better. I personally hate it. I wouldn't impose my views
on others though. If other people wish to use spatial natilus, I have
no trouble with that, but it should be just as easy to use browser
nautilus.

Maybe this would be a good question to ask during installation, or on
first login.

Until we have a better solution, we should just include that icon.
It's not like its hard to do.

Sincerely,

Joe Crawford
Owner - Joetainment Enterprises