Feature request: browsing filesystem in gnome "computer" menu

Joao Inacio jcinacio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:28:42 CST 2004

> > You know you can close the parten window when you open a new one by
> > keeping the shift-key pressed, right?
>
> Or by using the middle mouse button if you are lazy like me. :)
> (I really wished I could have found that in the documentation before
> reading some tips&tricks pages on the internet about the "spatial
> view".)

That is what i'm talking about: defaults should "just work", and work
the best way (both for novice and experienced users).
If they don't, then my belief is that it's not an option for a novice
to go find more info (web, mailing lists, whatever) about it, because
it's not really a problem or bug, but rather a "way of doing things"

I guess that someone completely new to linux has no idea of what
"spatial view" is, and i bet most people will feel some degree of
disconfort using it.

Any help that can be guiven to such users (without causing other
problems/bloatware) is, imho, needed.

Cheers,

João Inácio
jcinacio at gmail.com