UTF-8 in Hoary

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Tue Nov 16 04:27:14 CST 2004

<quote who="Teófilo Ruiz Suárez">

> Works nice for me at the moment, but you should consider installing
> "recode" in a normal installation.
>
> I got to install it to get my mutt+vim working and I think is an important
> tool for an UTF-8 enabled desktop.

Hrm, what happens with mutt and vim if recode isn't installed? It's not even
in their suggests lists - weird.

recode is in main (it's a depedency of dict), so it's just a matter of
working out if it should be in the Desktop seed (or perhaps even Base).

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

   "Instead you're doing circle jerks with the Care Bears of Censorship."
                            - Siduri on Slashdot