Multisync packages for warty

Michael Banck mbanck at gmx.net
Sun Nov 14 11:18:48 CST 2004

Hello,

as part of an, uhm, "support contract" with my parents, I built
Multisync packages (which are lacking in warty) with support for
Evolution2 by applying fixes from CVS and rebuilding the Build-Depends
chain. Additionally, I built synce-multisync-plugin for syncronisation
with Windows CE devices. The warty packages are up at

deb http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/ubuntu/ ./

(source for the modified packages is avaiable there as well)

Unfortunately, the infrared port of my dad's does not work under Linux
currently, so I was not able to test the packages properly yet and
cannot guarantee they work. I always had problems with syncing a Siemens
PocketLoox via USB when using project utopia, if somebody could
enlighten me on how to do that, I would interested in that.

I did not bother about hoary as I assume multisync will be fixed in
Debian shortly anyway and then synced into universe and perhaps promoted
to main or obsoleted by some next-gen, kick-ass syncronization
framework.

I'd be interested in feedback on how the packages work for people,
please CC me when responding exclusively on -users though, as I am only
subscribed to -devel.

enjoy,

Michael

--
<elmo> daniels: stop pretending you listen to music other than David Hasslehof