anacron

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Nov 13 16:19:37 CST 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 07:02:06PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> (Actually, I'd *love* to have the "Erase entire disk" mode in the
> installer set up LVM by default, or EVMS, or whatever. Wouldn't it be
> great to be able to say to users "don't worry about your partition
> layout; you can change it later"?)

+1 (he said, swooning)

FWIW, and yes, I *know* I'm atypical, but... I haven't installed
anything other than temporary/testing setups *without* LVM for a couple
years, now.  Granted, "temporary" sometimes lasts far longer than
intended, but the hassles that result are a significant part of the
reason I use LVM as often as I do!

The one exception I can think of are multi-boot setups such as the one
on the laptop, and that had more to do with Woody not supporting
installion onto LVM (at least I assume it was Woody that was the
blocker there - it's been a while).

--
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea,
never regains its original dimensions.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes