anacron

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Nov 13 16:13:19 CST 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 10:28:34PM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> Some changes to acpi-support to ensure that anacron is stopped when the
> machine is on battery power, and started on AC power.  Basically two
> lines to /etc/acpi/power.sh

I don't know if starting and stopping anacron like that is a good idea.
I'd be worried about stopping it while it has one of the batches
running - dunno if they'll be stopped by that, nor if it's safe if they
are.  (good for battery saving, certainly, but how many can be killed
in mid-flight without causing any problems?)  Besides, anacron gets
restarted from cron, no?

Better, I think, but more work, if anacron itself were made battery-aware.

--
Allen Funt was one of the great psychologists of the twentieth century.
His informal experiments and demonstrations on "Candid Camera"