My USB/Firewire removable device does not work. How can I help to improve this?

Matthias Urlichs smurf at smurf.noris.de
Fri Nov 12 22:11:43 CST 2004

Hi, Martin Pitt wrote:

> Helge Bakkevoll [2004-11-09  2:35 +0100]:
>> usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using address 6 usb 1-2: control
>> timeout on ep0out

That happens to me all the time too. In my case it's a crappy USB hub
(the box doesn't even boot unless I pull everything :-( ).

Debugging this requires a kernel recompile with CONFIG_DEBUG_USB turned
on, and a system which doesn't have USB mouse or keyboard, for obvious
reasons. :-/

You might want to talk with the linux-usb people, this sort of thing works
better without a go-between.

> Hmm, your device is not recognized at all by the kernel.

Not quite -- if it weren't recognized at all the kernel wouldn't want to
talk to it in the first place...

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de