Ubuntu Accessibility

Willem van der Walt<willem at top.health.gov.za> willem at top.health.gov.za
Tue Nov 9 01:08:30 CST 2004

Hello,
All i can say about speakup stability is that it was included in the
kernel of Redhat 8.  I have also been running some servers with the
speakup-modified kernel for years with no problems.
The size of the source code is 680 kilobyte.
There are people maintaining kernels for
Fedora, Debian and Slacware with the speakup patched in.
Luke is most likely a better one than me to talk to.  I think he is using
speakup himsellf
A speakup modified ubuntu as a standard downloadable iso will be the
easyest, after the option of having speakup included in the standard
Ubuntu kernel.
Hope this answers most of your questions.
Regards, Willem
.