anacron

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Thu Nov 11 13:07:14 CST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 06:37:39PM +0100, Christian Bj=E4levik wrote:
> > Why not make anacron wait til the systems load is under a certain=20
> > percentage?=20
> The problem is that interactive users don't generate much load on the
> system, and yet it's very inconvenient to have cron.daily start up when
> you are trying to do real work

Could we have xscreensaver (or similar interactivity monitor) kick anacron?
(Hopefully presentation software and the various movie players disable the
screensaver whilst playing).

So, this leaves the situation of an non-X install;  this situation is mostl=
likely in server situations, in which case the machine is either on 24*7, o=
the current status-quo (not running missed cron.foo's) would occur.

=09-Paul
--=20
Is there no safe way to travel?  London, GB