java jvm/jdk

Michael McCabe mccabemt at clarkson.edu
Sun Nov 7 06:36:47 CST 2004

Gentoo requires it's users to fetch the jvm package from Sun or IBM's
webpage.  I'd prefer to stay away from Blackdown, I've always gotten
better performance out of the Sun or IBM jdk.  If we this is only being
brought up because of Eclipse how about looking into building it with
gcj.  I used Eclipse 2.0 with gcj and it was stable.

Mike