Thoughts about separating language packs

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Thu Nov 4 10:28:06 CST 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:15:32PM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:

> == Automatic extraction ==

Some things to worry about regarding extraction and repackaging:

- What happens if the package is built with a stock build environment which
  does not perform the extraction?  The package's files will overlap with
  the language pack.

- How can we ensure that the language packs are up to date at release time?
  We wouldn't want a security update to cause some language support to
  disappear, for a package which hadn't yet been built with the modified
  build environment

--
 - mdz