Thoughts about separating language packs

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at
Thu Nov 4 02:19:59 CST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 08:39 +0100, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> If you upload 20 packages in a raw that will trigger the update, you
> will also get 20 x n-languages packages rebuild. I don't think this is
> an acceptable amount of data to push to users tracking hoary/unstable.
> You will end up with users putting the lang packages on hold.
> So the idea of accomulating the changes to the lang package and push
> them once a day, if required, is imho an acceptable compromise.

Hrm, we could do it smarter than that, though. We could rebuild language
packs only if there are translation-related changes in the upload (which
may require the help of Rosetta), be it a new upstream version or in the

- Jeff

Ooh, ooh, ooh!              Ubuntu!