Hoary development meeting, 2005-01-04

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Thu Dec 30 18:03:44 CST 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 09:34:22PM +0000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 09:33:18AM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > Subject: Re: Hoary development meeting, 2004-01-04
                                            ^^^^
EYEAR

> > It's time we got together to review the status of Hoary and the work to be
> > done in preparation for the feature freeze.  It's important that everyone be
> > able to attend, so let's agree on a time which is suitable for everyone
> > actively working on Hoary.
> >
> > Suggestions?
>
> Not 1600 UTC?

I don't think we have any Ubuntu developers between UTC+0200 and
UTC+1000 at the moment. There's at least one documenter in Russia I
think, but he wouldn't need to be at a Hoary development meeting. We
have North Americans, Europeans, and Australasians (but IIRC none in
Western Australia; shout if I'm wrong), which gives us:

  ... -08 -07 -06 -05 ... 00 01 02 ... 10 11 ...

The largest gap here is between the easternmost Europeans and the
westernmost Australians, so civilised sleeping hours would fit best
there. Assuming two hours for the meeting, perhaps starting around 2200
UTC would be least obnoxious for everyone?

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]