UpstreamVersionFreeze delayed one week, to January 5th

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Wed Dec 29 13:27:45 CST 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 07:18:00PM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 09:59 -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> > Due to vacation time being taken by various developers, the
> > UpstreamVersionFreeze has been delayed by one week, to January 5th 2005.
> >
> > http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/HoaryReleaseSchedule
> >
> What kind of plan do we want wrt. the merge-o-matic for this date?  Do
> we want to just switch it off, or do we want to be able to poke me to
> merge certain packages when requested?

I think it would be best to let it continue to run, only not file bugs, so
that up-to-date output is always available if we need it.

Another question is whether we should have a different cutoff date for
merges.  I think it makes sense to stop MOM a few days (or even a week?)
earlier, and fix all of the open merge bugs, so that we're "caught up" when
UVF happens.  Otherwise, we'll inevitably be lagging behind on merged
packages, in some cases by a wide margin.

Jeff, what do you think?

--
 - mdz