Thread hijacking (i.e. don't use reply unless you are REALLY replying)

Peter Damoc pdamoc at gmx.net
Tue Dec 21 01:50:45 CST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:42:50 -0500, Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. There seem to
> be as many people who prefer top-posting as there are that are
> vehemently opposed.
>
> We'd be much further ahead if people were to devote their energies to
> <snipping> posts, and removing headers and footers, regardless of
> whether they top- or not-top-post.

I don't want people to tell me how I should write emails.... so... I don't tell them how they should write theirs.
I prefer bottom posting because I can get to the reply knowing at least some of what people are replying to.
In my view, the best way is to bottom post to a snippet or intertwined replying, this for me represents the pinnacle of respect and efficiency; respect for the readers time and efficiency by grouping concepts so that they are easy to comprehend.
As I said... I don't think this should be enforced... it is a matter of manners.

--
Peter Damoc
jack of all trades, master of none