New mailing list/section of website proposal for Unsupported Software

thully at umich.edu thully at umich.edu
Sat Dec 18 00:27:30 CST 2004

Is this mailing list idea I proposed a possibility?  Does anyone have an
opinion on this?

Also - about the bug reporting - in my experience many problems w/universe and
multiverse packages are specific to Ubuntu, and not found in Debian.  Also, if
I reported it to Debian, they wouldn't be happy that I'm reporting a bug from a
different, non-Debian distribution, and they would want me to test it on
standard Debian.  As I don't use any standard Debian installs currently, this
wouldn't be trivial.  Because of these reasons, I think directing universe bugs
to Debian is the wrong solution.