ndiswrapper?

Karl Hegbloom hegbloom at pdx.edu
Fri Dec 17 05:58:57 CST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 09:53 +0100, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:

> Ndiswrapper is available in Warty too, the kernel module is in
> linux-restricted-modules and the user-program is available in Universe

I tried this today on a Dell Inspiron laptop that has a BCM93006 (IIRC)
Wifi card in it.  The ndiswrapper tool appeared to function correctly
when I installed the windows driver via it's .inf file, but 'modprobe
ndiswrapper' failed with an error about "wrong module format".  I have
not researched the error yet -- it's a friend's laptop, and she had to
take it home with her.  I will try and fix it next time she visits.

I'm wondering if it's an error in the compilation of the modules?   It
was a 2.6.9-686 set from Hoary.