Removal of postfix from base

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Thu Dec 16 08:32:49 CST 2004

<quote who="Scott James Remnant">

> I propose we move postfix into supported, where it can live with the other
> servers.

> If there's no available software, I suspect it would be trivial to
> implement in Python.

In general, I agree, with caveats:

 * If we do this, Postfix should be in ship.

 * I would support the selection of a known, proven, applicable tool (which
   we don't have) straight away - but I don't believe we should be writing
   software to faciliate this kind of change at this stage of the release
   process.

That said, if a tool to do this was packaged and tested before UVF, it might
be acceptable.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

   She said she loved my mind, though by most accounts I had already lost
                                    it.