What packages should we test?

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Wed Dec 15 10:08:41 CST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 11:33:22AM -0600, Santiago Erquicia wrote:

> Based on the discussion of the article in OsNews in the user mailing
> list and my own experience, what should we test?
>
> I'm asking this because, for example, the new kernel is not installed by
> default, neither update-manager, upgrade-notifier, polypaudio, etc.
> They are not automatically picked because the meta packages don't depend
> on them.
>
> Is the actual situation what it is really wanted until some more people
> test them or just something should be changed?

The new kernel was not the default because it had known regressions which we
thought it prudent to fix before causing an upgrade of all Hoary systems.

Testing is appreciated for update-manager, upgrade-notifier, polypaudio
etc., but currently this is on an opt-in basis, rather than installing it by
default.

--
 - mdz