[Fwd: Re: Suggestions for Hoary]

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at canonical.com
Wed Dec 15 05:24:39 CST 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 05:43:10PM +0100, Bastian Doetsch wrote:
> > When I ran an 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade' packages were
> > upgraded. This, I assumed, was the job for Update Manager / Upgrade
> > notifier. I have tried to find some documenation on especially upgrade
> > notifier, but didn't find any.
> I had to add upgrade-notifier to my session and install update-manager
> in order to make the icon appear. Now, if there are new updates (I run
> apt-get update via cron.hourly), an icon appears. Only thing I noticed
> is, after having installed all available updates, the icon doesn't
> disappear.

I uploaded a new version (0.36) that should be better at tracking when
it needs to update itself. It may take up to 5 minutes to notice about
the changes though.

It's still not perfect but I would like to know about crashes or
failures to update it's status.

thanks,
 Michael

--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ