Renaming policy

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski kewlopi at wp.pl
Mon Dec 13 08:34:36 CST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:12:13 -0800
Matt Zimmerman <mdz at canonical.com> wrote:

> Modifying the /usr/bin/last

 I'm aware of that fact. But most of users are not, they only know how to
use last. And they only know about last, becasuse we told'em.

> the data.  Consider that they could simply keep their own copy of the
> unmodified program.

 There's noexec for home directory plus no compilers for normal users. I
agree with you, that there's a better way to achive this. But thanks to my
question I gain new knowledge about preparing .dep packages, and even if my
solution and code sucks, it's still plus on my side.

 opi, the poor developer and lame bassists :-)

--
,'''.  | Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski, TPnets.com departament of software
: :' : | http://opi.pegasos.pl