Alan Harper lists at
Fri Dec 10 05:54:19 CST 2004

> Note that some Apple laptops (at least the iBook g4) will hard
> power-down (triggered by hardware, afaik) if the lid is closed for more
> than ~5 minutes and the machine does not go to sleep.
My clamshell iBook does the same, back when I used to run OS X, I had an
access point scanner that would disabled the sleep on lid close, but
after a few minutes OS X would force it to sleep anyway. I beleive the
reason for this is the design dissapates some of the system head from
the top side of the bottom half
Alan Harper     E: alan at
Linux Geek      W:

Never test the depth of the water with both feet