Ubuntu blues

Peter Damoc pdamoc at gmx.net
Fri Dec 10 03:40:52 CST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:50:56 +0100, Jeff Waugh <jeff.waugh at canonical.com> wrote:

> <quote who="Peter Damoc">
>> Canonical doesn't have to throw a lot into something like this.... as I
>> said, I see Canonical as a source of leadership, all it takes is one
>> person, one overseer that coordinates the efforts of a bunch of
>> contributors...
>> I believe in the power of fame, if a certain developer gets approached by a
>> member of an important company and asked something like "please help us
>> make this better" that developer might find himself better motivated even
>> if he receives nothing but recognition for his/hers work.
> Equally so, Canonical is not the only source of leadership or inspiration,
> and the community plays a crucially important role in both. You don't need
> to get approval from Canonical or the Ubuntu developers to contribute, as is
> the case in any FOSS project.
> You sound pretty inspired - would you like to kickstart the development of
> an Ubuntu derivative for kids?

I was afraid you're gonna ask that :)
well... sorry... I'm not leadership material.
I wouldn't wanna see me as the head of Ubuntu-Kid and if I don't want me... :)

It is a combination of wrong type (INFp)
and ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)

However... if none comes forward... maybe I'll try something... :)

Peter Damoc
jack of all trades, master of none