making the default install smaller

Kristof Vansant de_lupus at pandora.be
Wed Dec 8 21:32:05 CST 2004

I'm not talking about removing from the cd only about which packages are
installed by default.

only python packages seem to depend on these:
netcdfg3
mysql-common

I don't see why packages like these (which aren't depended on by others
should be installed):
python2.3-opengl
python-gdchart
python-mysql

Why installed by default? Some users will never program I think.
diveintopython

vi and nano are mutch smaller if you really need emacs you can install
it yourself (yes I am a vim lover, so don't shoot):
emacs21
emacs21-bin-common
emacs21-common

Don't see why this should be installed by default:
fortunes-mod
fortunes-min

It is not like I'm asking to remove ppp ;p (which I don't need btw, but
can understand that others really need it)

--
Kristof Vansant <de_lupus at pandora.be>