GUI Based Installer

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at canonical.com
Thu Dec 2 20:49:48 CST 2004

* Lovechild

| debconf kinda makes a gui-frontend hard as I understand it, so I
| wouldn't expect one for a while.

It's very simple to make a GUI frontend for Debconf.  Making a good
GUI frontend for Debconf, on the other hand, is hard.  Very hard.  We
are working on it and Colin Watson have at least two paths we are
going to explore in order to find one which works well and doesn't
just feel like a GUI set of widgets instead of text-based widgets.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-